The Center Point-Urbana Community School District is governed by a publicly-elected board of directors. School board elections occur every 2 years and members are elected to 4-year terms.
Center Point-Urbana CSD School Board of Directors
|Lindsy Trotter||President||At-Large||Fall 2023|
|Teresa Davis||Vice President||2||Fall 2023|
|Kim Simon||Member||At-Large||Fall 2025|
|Kristeen Opfer||Member||1||Fall 2025|
|Matt Wade||Member||3||Fall 2023|
What Does the School Board Do?
The board is charged with:
- Establishing and updating school district policies
- Selection and evaluation of the district’s superintendent, and delegation to the superintendent the authority for executing the policies and plans established by the school board
- Developing standards for and carrying out regular analysis of the school district’s operational and instructional efficiency
When and Where does the School Board Meet?
- Regular school board meetings generally occur on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM, unless otherwise noted.
- All meetings are held in the Intermediate Library located at 202 West Main St. in Urbana, IA 52345.
Who Can Attend School Board Meetings?
- Parents and other members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend school board meetings, which are open except for portions where the board enters into closed session as allowed by state law.