Our mission at Center Point- Urbana’s Primary and Intermediate PTO is to unite families, school, and our community in order to enhance learning and provide engaging opportunities for families and students.
The PTO is dedicated to ensuring we enhance the learning experience of our students by focusing on four primary areas of support:
Student engagement through events at school to bring together our community, district, and teachers.
District support by funding communication means like Seesaw for family and teacher communications.
Teacher appreciation and engagement through Teacher Appreciation Week activities and other classroom funding.
Strategic initiatives like the Primary and Intermediate playgrounds, and more.
FUNDRAISERS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
CPU PTO has a dedicated focus during the 2023-2024 school year to finish the fundraising effort for the Primary Playground, anticipated installation in mid-2024. There are several opportunities for you to engage and support:
- Walk-a-thon will be held from September 18-September 28. Donate directly to your student, through Infinite Campus (PTO), or here.
- McTeacher Night: Greeted by your favorite teachers, this is a fun and unique way to have dinner and support the PTO – all proceeds will go to the Primary Playground effort.
- Art to Remember
- Gala in early 2024
- RaiseRight (formerly Scrip) will be available throughout the year.
FAMILY EVENTS SPONSORED BY THE PTO THROUGH OUT THE SCHOOL YEAR
- Breakfast with Buddies (September)
- Walkathon Carnival (October)
- Trick or Treat at the Primary (October)
- Thanksgiving Feast (November)
- Grandparents Day at Primary and Intermediate (February)
- Intermediate Sock Hop (March)
- Breakfast with Buddies (April)
- Teacher Appreciation (May)
WANT TO DONATE?
Center Point-Urbana PTO provides an alternative way for parents, grandparents, and friends to make donations outside of the typical selling/fundraising efforts. By making a direct contribution to “CPU PTO,” you can help raise funds to fulfill student and staff needs at Center Point-Urbana Schools.
Your direct contribution is worth more than any other fundraising money because:
- 100% of your contribution goes directly toward targeted projects.
- It is tax-deductible.
- Your employer may match your contribution up to 100%
How to be active with the Center Point-Urbana PTO?
- Sign up to volunteer at events – you can sign up to find out opportunities here.
- Donate to the cause!
- Attend the PTO meetings held the last Wednesday of the month in October, January, and March.
- Share and like the PTO posts to spread the word!