Counselors of Center Point-Urbana CSD
Jill Jirak, Preschool & Primary Counselor
(319) 849-1102 ext 9-5611
Jill Fair, Intermediate Counselor
(319) 849-1102 ext 9-4107
Cory Graven, Middle School Counselor
(319) 849-1102 ext 9-3130
Ryan Topliff, High School Counselor
(319) 849-1102 ext 9-1214
Carmen Stenger, High School Counselor
(319) 849-1102 ext 9-3102
CPU K-12 Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Center Point-Urbana CSD School Counseling Program is to provide all students with a comprehensive school counseling program that fosters the highest level of student academic, social/emotional, and career development. In collaboration with staff, administrators, parents, and a caring community, the school counselors will help all students maximize their full potential as lifelong learners and problem solvers.
CPU K-12 Counseling Program Beliefs
The Center Point-Urbana CSD school counselors believe our school counseling program:
- Is an integral part of the student’s total educational program.
- Provides specific programming/curriculum based on the developmental and educational needs of students.
- Strives to ensure that those students that need more are provided closing the gap services and support.
- All students achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success.
- Has counselors that are leaders, advocates, and collaborators who create opportunities for self-directed personal growth.
- As school counselors, we do not work in isolation, rather in collaboration with teachers, administrators, parents, and the community to deliver a comprehensive program for all students.
CPU K-12 Counseling Program Foundation and Delivery
The CPU School Counseling program will build its foundation on providing every CPU student with knowledge and support in:
- Academic Success
- Social/Emotional Learning
- College and Career Development
Our counseling programs will deliver success to every CPU student through:
School Counseling Curriculum
- Guidance Lessons
- Small-Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Goal Setting
- Career Exploration
- Academic Support
- Student/Parent Meetings
- Crisis Counseling
- Individual/ Group Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Referral to Outside Agency
- Facilitating communication between school, community, and families
- Professional Development
- Program Management