Primary Parent Pick Up/Drop Off and School Safety
In the interest of student safety, all exterior doors will remain locked during the school day. The main front entrance is the entrance that students and parents should use when dropping off students K-2. The Preschool doors are for preschool drop off and pick up for the am and pm. At the end of the school day, students will be released out of multiple entrances. Parents are not allowed to take students to their classrooms when dropping off for school.
The procedures for dropping off and picking up Primary students are listed below.
Always have safety for your child and other students at the forefront of your mind when dropping off and picking up your child.
- Students may enter the building at 8:00. Students always enter at the main entrance. All adults must sign in at the main office and provide a driver’s license.
- Adults may park in the north or east parking lots.
- The curb is reserved for K-2 drop-off only.
Please be patient.
Kindergarten Walkers: Will be released at the south door by the Preschool pod.
1st Grade Walkers: Will be released out of the main front doors.
2nd Grade Walkers: Will be released at the door north of the front doors.
Shuttle Walkers Dismissal:
K-2 will all be dismissed through the front doors.
*As a reminder, if you choose to park your car in the north parking lot, please park your vehicle to leave your car. You will need to make contact with the teacher who has your child in order to have your child released to you. Parents/guardians who are coming to pick up students in the U-shaped parking lot in the front of the building, please stay in your car, pull up to the curb. Your child will enter your vehicle on the sidewalk side of your vehicle.
- Students will be escorted to the front of the building by a staff member.
- Please enter the U-shaped parking lot on the east side(front) of the building. Keep to the right and pull up as far as possible.
- Please stay in your vehicle and wait in line.
- Your child MUST enter your vehicle on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Please stay inside your car unless you need to assist your child in the vehicle.
- Once you have picked up your child, pull to the left and slowly leave the parking lot.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during drop-off/pick-up times. Although the process is not perfect, we do our best to make sure every child is picked up safely.